View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
animal23
Base Member

Drives: 350z
animal23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Today the dream becomes a reality!

I am proud to share our creation with the Nissan 370Z Community.

These pictures below are the first ever shown of our Twin Turbo Kit that has been in development since last April. This kit has exceeded all of our expectations thus far. The prototype is being wrapped up this week and we plan to be on the dyno late next week. From there we plan to have the full launch and press release completed by mid February.

Over the next few weeks until the official launch, I will be adding new pictures here in this thread. To start things off...

Now, I am sure after seeing those "Teaser Pics" you might have a lot of questions. I am going to do a little FAQ below with answers following each question.

Question: Are those exhaust manifolds welded or cast?

Answer: The exhaust manifolds are investment cast stainless steel.

Question: What turbo's are those?

Answer: The turbo's are Garrett GTX2867R. In production will will offer a Garret GT28RS, Garrett GTX2863R and Garrett GTX2867R. We are still finalizing the three stages and what exact configuration they will be.

Question: What type of exhaust housing is that on those turbo's and why not the "traditional" T-3 style?

Answer: These exhaust housings are Tial. All flanges are gone and everything is a v-band connection. These housings are designed for max efficiency through the entire RPM curve and reduce the overall amount of space being taken up. This gave us more clearance in all directions in the design process. It allowed us to design the exhaust manifolds without having to "drill and tap" the passenger aluminum head of the engine in order to make the exhaust manifold fit the car! In addition, we will not offer an internal wastegate option and this housing eliminates having to weld internal wastegate flapper doors shut of external wastegate applications. On the driver side the compact nature of this housing allows us to retain the "stock" steering knuckle.

Question: What are those exhaust elbows bolted to the turbo's.

Answer: The exhaust elbow bolted to the turbo's start at 3 inches with a smooth taper down to 2 1/2" and end in the stock location of the starting point of the catalytic converters. Yes, this means you can run any existing cat or test pipe in stock location. In production these elbows will be cast.

Question: How will you recirculate the wastegate back in to the exhaust system?

Answer: We will recirculate the wastegate directly into the exhaust elbow coming off of the turbo's. This will eliminate the "plumbing fitment nightmare".

Question: Will this kit fit both the 6MT and 7AT (Transmissions)?

Answer: Yes, it will be designed for both.

This is only the beginning! There is so much more to follow in the coming weeks. For all of your questions please pm me or email me.

Thank you, Tony
Sooo sexy . Tony sponsor my car !
animal23 is offline   Reply With Quote