View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #1465 (permalink)
TreeSemdyZee
Premium Member

Drives: '09 370 & ‘14 Juke
TreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
Don't waste your money on the camera body rental just to try it out. Renting the lenses is okay, but I'd rather try it out in the store for free and put the money towards the actual lens you want to buy.

As you know, a better body isn't going to give you better pictures...just makes it easier to work with if you take A LOT of pictures. Your camera is more than capable of creating awesome shots. Better glass is the better investment if you want to improve your shots. I'm not familiar with Canon lens line, but I would go for the ones designed for full-frame if you want to upgrade to a full-frame camera later. Your shots are pretty good as it is, so you should ask yourself what kind of shots would be improved with your next lens.

A crop sensor is going to be a better route if you shoot more in telephoto because of the "extra" reach. Most of the crop sensor cameras are also physically smaller and lighter. Full Frame is better as an all around camera, but will leave your wallet a lot lighter. If you take a lot of low light shots without a tripod, the higher ISO processing on the high end cameras will help a bit also. There's no mistaking that the pro full frame cameras are better, but you should really think about whether or not paying 3 times as much is worth the marginal difference in getting the shot. For someone shooting hundreds of frames a day, its worth it. Someone like myself though, who only shoots on the weekend...if that, it's overkill. This is kind of why I really like how Full Frames have gotten less expensive in recent years. It's kind of why I really like Nikon's D600. It's closer to justify the next step up without spending an insane amount.

If you do go full frame, chances are the lenses you have will limit you eventually. Most of your shots will look exactly the same when you switch to the new body and use your existing lenses.
Avoid the EF-S lenses and you're good for full-frame. L lenses are the top of the pile. Pile of cash, but excellent lenses.
Borla S-Type | Motordyne | Z1 (lots) | South Bend | K&N | Nismo/Nismo S-Tune | Eibach | Aerojacket | Fujimara | Spl | ZSpeed Performance | Kenwood-Infinity-Sound Ordnance | Whiteline | Ecutek | Hotchkis | Clazzio | VQ Vortex |Morimoto XB |Dynosty Tune 329.64hp 265.73 ft/lb
TreeSemdyZee is offline   Reply With Quote