View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
RonZwanson
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Black MT Sport
RonZwanson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdfang12 View Post
Oh man. was very disappointed when I saw the factory door speakers that come on a base coupe. The magnet about the size of a quarter, and they are labeled Clarion 20 watt. Got some midrange Alpines for around $90, and can't believe the difference. What were you thinking Nissan?

Oh MAN was I ever of the same mind when I got my Z. I came from a Max with a Bose system. While that wasn't the be-all-end-all of car audio, but it was pretty durn good.

The mid range on the base speakers is okay, but that's about it. If you listen to ANYTHING with ANY high end, there's nothing to speak of. Also, there was zero bass. The base speakers in my wife's Altima sounded 10x better. When I bought my Z, I figured I'd wait a while to upgrade the stereo, and just live with it. A $30k car would have to have at least tolerable speakers in it, right?

Nope. I switched that crap out within a month. I got some Infinity Kappas and a Bazooka sub from another member on here. Big difference. I know, Bazooka subs are muddy, blah blah blah. I just REALLY didn't want to consume any storage space. I didn't want it visible in my trunk. And with my HU, I could EQ-out most of the mud.

Trying to install those tweeters is a B though. Ugh.