View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #384 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
think about all you're getting in the new base compared to the existing base, though.

A 99lbs lighter aluminum frame that's 57% stiffer
carbon fiber hood and roof panels
lots of electronic tech like the 10-setting traction control and the e-diff
brembo brakes
etc etc

the existing base gets... Nothing.
truuuueeee!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I'm not too worried about it at this point. Even if it turns out the Z51 is a little too expensive, you still get a hell of a lot of car for the base.

Still... anxiously awaiting pricing and option sheets!
I couldn't jump right now... I gotta wait to see the new camaro. It too will be lighter. I'm hoping 3400lbs light. And with the new LT1 engine, whoa... I also think mag ride will be in the new camaro standard. Then, there's the case of the Z. You KNOW Nissan does a great job of making you think they will NOT be able to compete and then BOOM... What if they come back to the status the Z32 was in during the 90's??? It was a vette killing porsche competitor... Now i doubt history will repeat itself right now with a Z killing vettes. (thats the GTR's job.) But if the Z comes with all the right components? The right price? The right transmission(s) and STOCK TURBOS??? I might stay Z next gen as well?

With this vette? I would have to wait for the smoothed out physical update to know. There's potential in this styling, but looks incomplete still.
Oh and it's pricey. i been uppin' a lot of money to cars and guns.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 01-14-2013 at 02:13 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote