View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #544 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Shouldn't do any harm unless it gets against the exhaust manifold or exhaust pipes.
I haven't taken my shroud off, but I hear it's a pretty easy job - 10 bolts/screws or so. Look at the DIY for changing oil.
There's actually a flap that is only a very small portion of the undershroud and only requires 4 bolts to remove instead of the 10+ bolts. This might be easier to try first if you can get your arm in there to reach around for the lost fastener - if not, you're already on your way to removing the undershroud Just make sure you do this when the car hasn't been operated in a while - last thing you want is to burn your arm on something really hot.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote