Thread: Engine Noise :(
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 03:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
The Weapon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z Tour/Sport Blk
The Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond repute

Ok... Sorry no pics yet but.. I think I solved, well not really solved but I got rid of the problem. I hooked up the Inputs from the Bose Head Unit to a Passive In-Line Converter "Scosche SLC4" I've had one laying around for years and have never used it.

Disconnected the RE-Q. The RE-Q i have is the 3 channel version. No Noise at all. Ran the engine turned on all the lights, A/C etc... It sounds crystal clear and louder than it did with the RE-Q.

With RE-Q i had to turn up to 40-50% to hear sound. Now i start to hear sound at the first dot.

I need to get one more Converter for the Sub channel and I'll call it good. I cranked it up and didn't notice any fade in the bass or high frequencies which leads me to believe all the EQ saftey crap is that happened before is taking place at the stock amp. Exactly the same things I've read on the G37 forums and 350Z forms about the the Stock HU.

I don't know what the heck is wrong with RE-Q. I checked all my grounds and they were all reading less than .5 ohms which to my understanding is perfect. I wouldn't doubt the it was defective. The only authorized dealer in Tucson is the one audio store i hate "Audio Express" and took a chance of buying something there thinking i wouldn't have any problems.

I swear I honestly think they sell you crappy equipment if you don't purchase their "Extra Protection Plan" I've purchased a couple amps there one with the protection on without. Needless to say the one without the protection crapped out within a month. The one with the protection...it's still working today after 10 years.

Anyhow I appreciate all your guys' help. I feel much relief now that i have no whining.

As soon as everything is back mounted and put together I'll post some pictures.

Thanks again everyone
Boosted Performance Comp Turbo - Tuner- CJM Fuel Return- Modified Berk CBE- ZSpeed Stage 4 Clutch - Southbend Flywheel - Tuned by Seb ~650whp - HKS Coilovers - SPL - Focal Audio 4 way Active - Audiocontrol DSP - Work CR 2P
The Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote