View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #92 (permalink)
Felix 808
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 PW/Grey T/S 7AT
Felix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond repute

Well having read this sticky & recently installed my spacers, I would like add my

While this write up is good, I think that it's really a short cut & short cuts can become interesting at times. With that said I would recommend pulling the hub as it's only 4 bolts away, especially if you are running 20mm longer studs up front. You will also not need an impact wrench because you can tap the new studs out & into pace on a vise instead of trying to fish the studs through the heat shield. You can also visually see the seat of the stud for reassurance of a job well done. I have an impact wrench & prefer to do it as listed above.

If you find your rotor is frozen & won't come off there is a simple solution to this as well. Get yourself (2) Grade 8 1/2"x3" bolts, (4) matching nuts. (4) washers. Fit bolts through caliper bolt holes then place a washer or 2 on the back side then double nut it. Tighten bolt while backing up the nut. Outside nut pushes rotor, inside nut will cause bolt w/nut to push on rotor. You will hear it pop. Rotate rotor 180 & repeat. Rotor will come off easily.

Just another way to accomplish the task folks & it only takes a few more minutes YMMV

Μολὼν λαβέ
Felix 808 is offline   Reply With Quote