View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnwarwas View Post
I have tried reading through some threads and haven't quite found what I'm looking for. I was just curious if anyone has swapped out the leather boot for a metal shifter like some Ferraris have. I don't even know if it would look right in the 370.
Example picture attached. (I know the gears are not accurate, but the pic was just so you know what I was talking about)
from what ive read about people trying to do this on other manuals, this is really difficult. if you have a manual Z, just think about how much our shifters vibrate and move when we're either driving or idling.

also...imagine shifting with this. when you do a 2 > 3 shift, you tend to push to the upper right in one motion, with a metal gated shifter like this you'd have to shift up, then right, then up again. its not all that intuitive if you've actually driven one, which is why its not all that common.

anyway, if you manage to do it, cheers to you, it'd look awesome at a show!
chops is offline   Reply With Quote