View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

My main gripe with the Camaro when i first started renting them was, outward visibility was severely compromised and the car was extremely wide, There was an unusual amount of understeer for an RWD. So if i tried to take 90 degree turns at high speeds on tight streets? The negatives of this car didnt inspire confidence. I wasn't sure of myself taking corners. Right now in my Z, I can pull a turn in this car at seriously high speeds. Breaking the 90 is probably the most important thing I can do in a sports car,imho. Most people cant do it the way it should be done.
Because of this. I can leave cars in the dust that are trying to get competitive. I take the turn and once the other car finishes the turn, I'm a block away. also helps when police want to contemplate pulling you over but aren't making a good effort to get you.
I can disappear in a turn and evade a ticket before the chase begins... lol

I had no success of this in my first few rental-runs in a camaro 2ss. Now things have changed. I've rented this car enough that I have become more confident in driving it. I can sweep my 90's better in them. Not Z good, but pretty good for this cars size. Now that the 1LE conquers the understeer issue and adds seriously more grip... I would love to throw the 1LE into a 90 and see what speed i can maintain.

I don't know if i can give up my Z? But if it can do what i want it to do? My Z will be paid off by years end... I may go v8 and add to the stable????
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote