View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #378 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
I'd expect someone marketing fuel starve product to have this take. Don't blame you at all. Just think my solution has more value than you think. ...and you can't beat the price! What is someone into with your solution once they pay for labor and all parts? $1500? I have $1200 to spend on other stuff I need like a diff cooler and few other track focused items.

I think it's a great solution for people who want to keep car very stock and not really molest the car though! Awesome work! Curious does it add much weight? My car lost over 15 lbs.
If it was marketing I was worried about, I would have had your several posts in my paid sponsored thread removed. I believe everyone should be exposed to all their options. My product turned out to be more expensive than I was hoping, and I have no problem with anyone seeking alternate options.

The thing is, it is my thread, and I am entitled to criticize things posted here that I don't entirely endorse. I will not deny that what you have done is functional... But while you point out the many benefits to what you have done, I simply point out what shortcomings I see.

My product so far has only been installed by the customer, so their final price is the same as the retail price. I am skeptical that anyone is going to do what you have done for $350... Most shops are going to charge at least that just to remove and reinstall the tank, and fab work on top of that.

Aside from that... If anyone removed their tank and sent it to me, I would gladly replicate what you have done.

What is going to be your solution for the fuel level circuit having the missing sensor?