View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 10:13 PM   #39 (permalink)
Nikon FM
Track Member

Drives: 03 996TT Porsche
Nikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Test drive

I test drove the 370Z today, it had the touring package with an AT. I was comparing the experience to my modded SKY RL and have come up with a pro and con list compared to the SKY.

Pro:
Sweet cornering, no body roll whatsoever, very tight. The guy who rode along was really cool and pointed us to some nice curvy back roads. Loved the corners in the 370Z. My Sky is good in the corners but I believe it is beaten hands down.

Nice and quiet in terms of rattles, squeaks etc. Communicates high quality build to me. (I really dislike rattles behind the dash).

Interior is very nice quality and I felt integrated into the vehicle rather than just sitting there.

Actually less blind spots in the 370Z than the SKY.

Con:
I still like the looks of the SKY but the 370Z is definitly hot as well.

My SKY (as modded) has 289HP at the rear wheels as measured on a dyno....... it is faster than the 370Z, but the 370Z has juice, I just need to figure out how to mod the vehicle to bump up the performance a bit.

Conclusion:

I'm buying the 370Z due to its build quality, level of sophistication, looks and it's "out of the box" performance (I'll be following perfomance modding on the forum too)

Buddy Revell: "One man's sooner is another man's later"
Nikon FM is offline   Reply With Quote