View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
NINJA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i
NINJA is on a distinguished road

I have the Nismo, so not sure what "little box" you are referring to. They installed my camera next to one of the license plate lights. Kind of sticks out, but is fine for now. I've seen a thread or two where one of the license plate lights is replaced by a housing that holds the camera. Pretty sweet looking. As for the trim/filler around the head unit, the installer left it off. Not sure if the trim piece that came with the head unit doesn't fit, but the gap is very small. There is an installation kit from Scoshe that supposedly has this filler that fits, but from the pics on their website I cannot tell.

NN1665B | by Scosche

There is also the GPS antenna that mounts on the dash. Like Cuban said, there is an adapter for the steering wheel controls, runs around $70. Sirius makes an adapter for satellite radio if you want that, also adds an antenna. I have the mic for bluetooth mounted in center of headliner, seems to be working fine. Only complaint is if I'm driving on not so smooth road, noise is compared to airplane on runway.

I know I should be focusing on things like oil cooler and exhaust upgrades, but I caught the audio bug. Definitely upgrade your sound. I had Helix E62C components put in, along with JL XD 700/5 amp and Kenwood 10" shallow sub in a Wicked CAS corner box. Huge difference. Good luck with your head unit.

Last edited by NINJA; 01-09-2013 at 08:16 PM.
NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote