View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Sales@AAMComp
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: GT-R
Sales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to all

The M370 is an HR manifold from the 07-08 350z VQ35HR, Motordyne admitted to this, so when you purchase the M370 it is predrilled, for the manifold to fit onto the VQ37HR as a bolt on, it comes with all the fittings, bolts, brackets, etc.

The design of the VQ35HR intake manifold runners are slightly different than the VQ37HR's, hence the pick up in power in the low/mid range on a stock tune, and potential loss up top. That's the trade off between the two...

Can you do it yourself and save money? Sure, go right ahead, but Motordyne saved this headache for everyone and sells it as M370. It's the same thing when people ask me why our Short Tails are so expensive and peopele can go to a muffler shop and get the same thing done for half the price. I tell them, go right ahead. I'm not stopping anyone. It's the same in this instance, you pay for the convenience factor

Back on topic:
we fitted the engine cover by shaving the engine cover hole right above the "v6", the engine cover is still held on by 4 out of 5 studs which is more than enough, it doesn't rattle, move and/or won't fly off

Tyler Day, Technical Sales
TylerD@aamcompetition.com
301-497-9214 Direct
AAM Competition | YouTube channel | LIKE us on Facebook!

Last edited by Sales@AAMComp; 01-09-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Sales@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote