View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
boostedspirit
Base Member

Drives: 09 Evo X, 370Z
boostedspirit is on a distinguished road

I built the engine on this car.

The Codes are P0011 and P0021

not P0012.

Now, i have done timing on this car more than 2-3 times just to prove my point that the timing has been done as per the 370z Workshop Manual from Nissan.

Now, the problem is somewhat like this. The car works like a charm after you clear the code. The engine runs smooth and has no issues. Idle is perfect and life is good. But then when it throws the code (The code does not light up the SES on the dash), the car goes into limp mode and wont go over 3.5K RPM

When I check codes with PCM Scan, it shows the codes in PENDING CODES and as usual, I clear them and the car is back to normal. I have checked all solenoids, changed every possible sensor. The car still has the same issue.
I have my doubts on the VARIABLE CAM GEARS and thats where I hit the wall.

I dont have the UPREV Software to log, but using PCM scan, i see the STFT's are way off as they are sitting at +20% at idle. Im not sure if this is the issue but as i see it, its one of the issues.

Moving over to an aftermarket is not the solution in my opinion. I will be getting a consult III tomorrow and try some resets and relearning procedures and update thread.

Omar
boostedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote