View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #1869 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
Pulled over for the first time in the Z today as I was leaving lunch. I was waiting to make a right-hand turn, saw the cop go buy me and pull a u-turn to get behind me so I figured he was going to nail me but I wasn't sure for what:

"Do you know why I stopped you"
"Actually, no"
"Well, you don't have a front plate"
"Oh, it's right here. Sorry I forgot to put it up"
... "Well, it needs to be mounted on the front of the car, have you been pulled over for this before?"
"No"
"Well Maryland state law says you have to have a front plate"
"Well, there aren't any holes drilled for it. I'll look into a mounting bracket"
At this point I try to hand him my registration and license and he waves me off
"No, I'm not going to run your stuff. It's a beautiful car"
Cop grins and says
"So is that a legal exhaust you have on that thing"
"Yes, as far as I know"
"rev the engine for me please"
(I oblige)
Cop grins, gives a thumbs up to his buddy who swung in behind him a thumbs up and leaves without a word.
~fin~

May the (police) force be with you.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber