View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #29 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueranger View Post
I have searched and read many FI builds... SC's & TT's in different stages and brands and for those of you who actually have FI cars please correct me If I am wrong...But it seems that many (not all) of the builds after so much hard work, effort and money the owners somehow get dissatisfied with little or big "gremlins/issues" and before you know it the Z is gone???

Is a FI Z just not meant to be a reliable car as many owners have even made comments about having extra money set aside for the issues that come with having a FI Z.

I recently sold my 996tt that had about 500hp with some mods and after 5 years of ownership & hard driving at times my only issue was replacing a dead battery.

I appreciate your response
Here is my take on it:
-People sell because they under invest and over expect what they should get.

Not all are like this, but going into the forced induction car on a N/A vehicle can be a big expense and many underestimate this amount. I have been boosted with a SC since 19k miles and just over 50k miles at the end of the year (and a time of about 2.5 years). I have yet to track my car (ring or 1/4 mile) but I do enjoy the fun street driving, plus the pain of daily driving the car. It is a blast to drive but it is not 100% perfect but I never expected it to be.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote