View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #28 (permalink)
Wattles
Base Member

Drives: 2012 G37 IPL 7AT TT
Wattles is on a distinguished road
Default IPL GTM Twin Turbo Auto

I sent my brand new IPL to GTM to have it twin Turbo'd at 3k miles.
Since then I have had several "minor" issues that keep me ALLWAYS on my guard.
I have no plans o sell the car, in fact I was hoping to drive it for a very Lon time.
I'm slightly over 500whp and love the power. The car is a true thrill, but at a price. I KNOW I will have to sink more $$$ in it as I drive it hard. There is ALLWAYS the cost in the back of my head. I think this is the reason people get rid of their boosted G's/Z's.
If I had the dough, in hindsight, a Turbo'd M5 or GTR would have been in my garage. But saying that, I don't have the $$$ and my G37 is a killer sleeper car.
I know I will likely have to replace/rebuild/upgrade the trans at some point in the "near" future.
Not having my own "shop" in my garage means that I have to call my install shop every time my car runs rough or I get some funny noise or error light. This can wear on you.
If you do commit to FI your ride. Estimate 2x to 3x what the shop says for timing. This will save you MASSIVE brain damage from waiting for your project to be complete.
Good luck!!
2012 G37 IPL 7AT | GTM Stage 1 Long Block | GTM Stage 1 Garett TT | Blitz SBC typeR Boost Controller | GTM Stage 4 Transmission | Tial BOV | Fast Intentions exhaust | GTM 8qt Oil Pan | 583whp/484trq @ 13psi
Wattles is offline   Reply With Quote