View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280z/300zx View Post
I agree with this. Considering how often it rains there I would be looking more at the STI/EVO option. Sure the 370z can be driven safely in the rain but the STI and EVO will be much better at it. Also with the 370z you have to sacrafice dry traction by getting a better wet traction tire. With the AWD option you can have the best of both worlds. Get the car that makes you happy but if I lived anywhere like Seattle I'd be driving a STI no question about it.
I really don't think that the potential benefits of AWD are worth it IF the OP is looking for a RWD experience. It's not secret I'm a huge fan of the WRX, but if the goal is a RWD coupe, there's no way I'd buy an STI/EVO instead just because of some piddly rain. Snow is a different story.

That said, if the OP doesn't care, the EVO and STI are both great cars. I'd also second the suggestion to at least test drive the new mustang--preferably one with the track pack.

You really can't go wrong with any of the cars TBH.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote