View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Wayfarer
Base Member

Drives: not a Z...yet
Wayfarer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
-I would say if the VW Golf is getting too expensive, the 370z will probably be expensive as well.
I guess I should have clarified that statement. The golf isn't expensive to maintain, but I'm looking at repair jobs now that would cost close to half the current value of car. Basically I'm at that tipping point of "Do I sink money into this car and hope for the best the next few years, or do I get out now" sort of deal. The car doesn't owe me anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon-fresh View Post
I'd recommend taking a look at the mustang 5.0 as well (if you can get over the looks), a lot of forum members have switched to them.
I have been looking at the V8 pony car a bit. Like you said, the looks are what's holding me back on it right now. The only Mustang I've ever driven has been my dad's 2002, which was a total pig of a car, but I don't want to base the new models on that one. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give it a test drive; it can only be better than that 2002.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st View Post
Get a 2011-13 Z! Get it, Got it, Good. All cars are prone to hydroplane when driven incorrectly in the rain etc. There isn’t any statistics in Seattle that state rwd car owners are in more wrecks then awd, fwd car owners. You drive in the rain you slow down.
Yep, although you'd be amazed at how many people here don't know how to drive in the rain. It's mind blowing honestly considering that it kind of does that frequently here. I grew up driving in some pretty adverse weather conditions (lake effect snow in NY) and learned how to cope well. Never hydroplaned a car either. I just wasn't sure if it was a particular problem with this car or not. Figured it wasn't, but didn't hurt to ask.

Thanks for all of your input so far. Leaning more and more towards the Z.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote