View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #113 (permalink)
RN SHARK
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z, 14 SRT GC
RN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond repute

I got a ticket in San Diego for doing 83 on the freeway (65 limit) and just after the officer wrote my ticket he figured out that I was a nurse (cuz of my plate, and the fact I asked if he usually gives out tickets to nurses). He said he never gives nurses tickets and to do the trial by declaration. He said that he will dismiss it. The officer has to argue their side of a trial by declaration, otherwise the ticket is dropped. Well, I paid it, did the trial by declaration, and lo and behold, I got a refund check back in the mail for my payment.
So, I'd say fight it and do the trial by declaration. I'd also say, if you can't afford even one ticket without having to sell parts of your car...you should probably get a cheaper car. (and the Z isn't even an expensive car) or just take the bus.