View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #28 (permalink)
BlkNismo
Track Member

Drives: Nismo
BlkNismo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
You mention reliable for up to 500+whp, but also remember once you crack open the engine you can have even more problems. Just because you have stronger internals does not mean they will last as long as OEM or work 100% fluidly with what you are doing. Many times have I seen a built motor dead 2 months later, and not because of a bad install but because of a quality part just breaking.

Will it be cheaper overall to do a built motor with a TT now, yes, you save on install cost. Will you need it in the next 3-5 years? Probably not with how you plan to drive. Also, a good investment is a boost controller which will allow you to run up boost to a nice 500whp for those fun runs and then dial it back for everyday driving.

Perhaps it might be a wiser to get the gtm stage 1 short block rather then me bringing parts to a shop elsewhere and having it assembled/balanced.

I have the new greddy profec ebc. I will be running internal wastegates. Not sure if I will experience boost creep or not with stage 2. I am aware of the creep issues on the stage 1 internally gated though. Will be 3" downpipes to 3" dual exhaust.

Last edited by BlkNismo; 01-08-2013 at 09:40 AM.
BlkNismo is offline   Reply With Quote