View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
daisi145
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
daisi145 is on a distinguished road
Default Windows won't go back up after battery replacement

Hi all - I'm hoping that I don't stump you all with this question!

I had to get my battery replaced in the 370z (2009), and the car was off for a good half hour with the battery disconnected. The new one is working fine, but now I have a slight problem: the windows won't automatically go up.

There are two issues:

1) Most importantly, when I turn off the car, and I step out of the car, the window goes down slightly. Then, in theory, when I close the car door, it goes back up. The problem is: it's not going back up. So the car window is always down slightly and I can't fix it without getting back into the car and having it happen all over again!

2) The auto-up feature is no longer working for windows. Auto-down works fine, but when I pull the button up to have the windows go up automatically, ti fails.

It appears as though the computer in my car is glitchy and no longer recognizes when it needs to put the windows UP. Down is fine. How do I fix this?

I'm thinking of disconnecting the battery again (but for how long?) to reset the computer again. Is that a good idea? If it doesn't work, then what?

Daisi