View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
BlkNismo
Track Member

Drives: Nismo
BlkNismo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elperuano View Post
Stage 2 is rated for 700hp. If ur goal is 580 then yes you should build it. Although it all depends on how u look at it. I'm at 540/500 and no problems whatsoever. Stock block with supporting mods. Does the extra 40hp justify you spending the extra money to build? If so then by all means.
If it were me I'd build the block and go with a stage 3 and shoot for some good numbers. Look at Mr. Squeeze build and u can do similar. Built motor will hold up fine.
The basic fuel system that comes with GTM kit is at a safe max around 580whp. Sure it can go a bit further but why push it. The stage 2 turbos max around 620whp right?

My goals are actually around 525whp. My reasons for the short block build is not for higher numbers, but for ultimate engine longevity. I hope to keep the car for 10+ years.

I have read Mr. Squeeze build up, quite impressive. It sort of makes a build up for stage 2 hp levels not seem needed, but as I mentioned before, I want a sort of speak "bulletproof" engine to last the test of time with daily driven exposure.
BlkNismo is offline   Reply With Quote