View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondfire View Post
Problem is, it's already stuck. And so far I've only seen ways that might work to get it started again (tapping, etc). So if those options don't work, I might have to go to the dealer. If I did miss something though, feel free to point it out. I've had a fever for a few days, my car is actually stuck at the clinic where I was for a Dr. appt.
The only three methods I know of (none 100% successful) are:
* Percussive. Some have reported success with a good bump, others have had to beat the feces out of it.
* Manual Reset. Remove the SLU and manually push the lock pin into the fully retracted position.
* Rebuild. Remove and disassemble the SLU. Verify switch operation and reassemble so the the locking pin is fully retracted and making the switches.

If you have tried all those without success, then you will have to buy a new SLU. You can save $$$ by replacing it yourself - it's an easy job if you have the right pliers.