View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Hermitns
Base Member

Drives: 11 370 auto
Hermitns is on a distinguished road
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischhorn View Post
wheel sizes and tire sizes? They are RE-11's so if they are over 285 its overkill.....unless your FI but if you are aiming for 12's im assuming you arent.
265/305 and I was sure they were overkill but should look good. Last drag day (first run after uprev...dyno indicated 313 rwhp and 265+tq from about 2200 rpm almost to redline) was on 1/8th mile BUT I picked up over 3/10ths and 3mph. with the stockers, that SHOULD have netted me a sub 13 1/4th mile run, however, I turned up the shift indicator by 200 rpm which resulted in SPIN on the 1-2 and a solid chirp on the 2-3 shifts (automatic trans) SOOO with the net GAIN in traction but the expected net LOSSES for the additional unsprung weight, I am in the dark as to what I should expect. I WAS looking at FI but after researching the subject, I'm not gonna risk damaging the trans. Besides, I am reminded that my pockets are nowhere near as deep as they need to be AND there is ALWAYS someone faster/richer so really, whats the point? Additionally, a net of 100-200 rwhp for the investment, I could buy a used C6 Z06, Viper or Porsche and still be faster. Tks anyway.
305 mm...thats like 12 inches of rubber....gonna make my condoms jealous for sure....lmfao

Last edited by Hermitns; 01-07-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: uptade funny
Hermitns is offline   Reply With Quote