View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
black-370z
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z base 7AT
black-370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
I'm sorry, I can't help myself...

So, because you heard a 3" single pipe is for 'track cars' but the 2.5" (duals) netted more gains, you went with that?

A 2.5" dual exhaust is a total of 9.8 square inches of exhaust area.

A 3" single is 7.07 square inches.

The 3" single can flow to 350-375hp N/A depending on Y pipe and header design.

The 2.5" dual has 38% more area (flow potential) than the single 3". Meaning a single 3" is much more practical for your power level than dual 2.5's would ever be.

It's all meaningless with the stock headers and cats, so this is really just academic anyway.
No its fine, and I was talking about 3" piping in general, not specifically a single exhaust. I wanted to go with the best option so later if i do go with a tt or a sc, i wouldnt have to get a full new exhaust and at the same time i didnt want to have an empty cutout on my bumper where an exhaust tip was.

Everyone can appreciate academic information, especially a college student

The next upgrade ill be working on will be the intakes and then ill be moving to testpipes and headers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoi@AAMComp View Post
Great price for a full CBE, what material was used? Stainless steel or mild steel? And what gauge?
Yeah its nice to have a master fabricator in town thats inexpensive and when the time comes for some mufflers/testpipes/headers he can install them as well and Im pretty sure its carbon steel and idk what gauge they use.