View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dP3NGU1N View Post
Unforunately the focal length on those two images don't match so it's actually really not a good comparison image. Was there some propaganda (see: advert) from FI somewhere regarding the cans not actually being the lowest point of the car? I seem to recall something of the sort but not exactly where. The gist is that basically something else would be bottoming out if you hit your muffler.
The lowest point of the exhaust for F.I. is seated right in parallel with the rear Axel, so as you go over a bump, Axel goes up, exhaust goes up. If it won't scrape stock, it won't scrape F.I. Provided the driver approaches said bump at a reduced speed so that the impact isn't faster than the suspension can respond to.

Like I said before 90% of scrapes are driver error.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote