View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

You're seeing about the same temps I am with my DIY cooler.

BTW the thermo plate is always metering some oil to the cooler to avoid thermal shock when the oil comes up to full temp. It fully opens at the 180 thermostatic set point.

On the water temp gauge, yeah that is worthless. After 132-134 degrees there is no change until 212+.

I need to look into the ambient temp sensor...Mine seems to read about 5 degrees cool when compared against other digital thermometers and the start up IAT temps (should be the same). Taking this into account, my in the bay intakes run very cool with the fang vents. Just a few degrees over ambient. The cooler should make little difference on a G3 but may up the temps fractionally with in the bay intakes as the hot air blows through the cooler, radiator and into the engine compartment.. Vent the back of the engine compartment to improve this flow.

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 09-23-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote