View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
bvl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Roadster (sold)
bvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansPorsh View Post
Great review! I got the chance to sit in the base model boxster at the 2012 LA auto show and have to say the quality and feel of the interior was unexpected especially coming from a base model with minimal options. It felt right on par with some of the more expensive Porsches I've been in. I am a Porsche enthusiast myself and was contemplating a preowned boxter s /cayman s for my new DD but have come to my senses that in this point in my life, I'm looking for a car with minimal owning expense while still having that sporty look and power which as you mentioned the 370z meets as far as bang for buck goes.
The 981 has different steering, which some say has slightly less feel (I have yet to drive a 981). The 987 Boxster/Cayman is phenomenal in steering feel. Doesn't imply the Z is bad: just the Porsche is a notch above and you would expect it to be given the price delta.

What the 981 does have is a more modern interior: porsche has kept the same basic car for over 30 years: they are not interior trend setters

I appreciate both cars for what they are but put a gun to my head and say you can only keep one...the Z goes, the base 987 Cayman stays.

- b
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote