View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Japanjay
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z MB M6
Japanjay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
But you could have done it your self. Do you ever watch Gears? What are you working on? You just don't get it.
So I can assume you ordered ever part from nissans part counter, then put the Z you now own together like a model car? I have torn the whole rear trunk area of my car apart to remove the tailights and the front bumper to remove the headlights, but I personally dont have access anymore to a pipe bender nor a welder. I have done coilovers, f/r sways, rear LCA's, front upper a-arms, front lower tie bar, front upper tie bar, cat back exhaust, complete ES hyperflex bushing kit, distributer, coil pack, master fuel relay, ignitor, cap, rotor, fuel filter, then drove it to have a guy do the alignment on my other car, even when I know how to do a string alignment. Sometimes there are things that are best left to a person that has the tools and equipment. I have also done my friends konis with GC's, f/r sways, front upper/lower tie bar, rear upper/lower tie bars, cat back exhaust, then again drove it to get aligned. I am all for doing things on your own, but $20 extra vs that, come on dude. $65 alignment vs the sting method and risk destroying $1k in tires, I will spend the little extra money and make sure it is spot on. The justification vs the look on such beautiful car doesnt equate out to me.
Japanjay is offline   Reply With Quote