View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
Why are you tracking with a stock exhaust?
At least open it up a little with an eBay y-pipe if you're that... Economical?
Dollar wise, exhaust is low on my list. It always has to be 1) entry fee, 2) brake pads, 3) rotors, 4) tires, 5) synthetic fluids, 6) track sundries, and 7) gifts for my wife.

Remember, the point of my project was 1st to break my off season depression and 2nd to see if I could design a low buck muffler delete that anyone on the forum could replicate. I wanted to develop a solidly engineered muffler delete that could be installed easily and develop (quoting a previous poster) “beastly” sound. And I have done that.

Really, our cars sound so weak at the track with a stock exhaust. I am not interested in HP gains with this system.

Off course I could have used mandrel bends. And I suggest that if you wish to replicate a similar system please do. However, the cost of mandrel bends starts nearing a professionally welded system.

For all you hard parkers out there (if you don’t know what that means just check the urban dictionary) I understand that you will never get this "brah".

But I know that all you track guys will.

I will post the DIY sometime next week. You will see that I eliminated the flexi-pipe because it turned out to be a weak spot in the system.

And it really does sound bad a$$!

Last edited by ResIpsa; 01-05-2013 at 03:45 PM.
ResIpsa is offline   Reply With Quote