View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #2788 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
Good morning Mu, Ms.BC, Mr.onzedge, and everyone else
Good morning all!

......It was the best of times, it was the worst of times............

Best - dropped off my wheels today at the wheel shop to be stripped and repainted. I'll get them back next Saturday.

Worst - while swapping rims last night, one of the lugs stripped and is spinning in the hub. The shop that did my brake swap used an air gun to tighten my lug nuts, and in the process rounded at least half of them off and way over-torqued them. One lug nut was cross-threaded and screwed-up the stud.

I didn't realize it until I tried to tighten the lug nut and it just began to spin. Of course, it's a locking lug, but it's just barely on. I'm going to try and get in at the dealer this afternoon to get it removed and replaced.

At this point, I realize I should go back to the shop that screwed-up everything, but I don't want them touching my car. Lesson learned.

Have a good weekend everybody.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim

Last edited by gurneyeagle; 01-05-2013 at 10:30 AM.