View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dP3NGU1N View Post
I've wondered about that myself however not having to modify your car is a very nice selling point. In the end I think it's up to personal preference. They both have pros and cons. I think the g3s use and oiled filter which I have heard (no first hand exp) is a small hassle to deal with when its time to change it out.

Then again, no idea how often you really need to change out the filters.
Well I believe with the Takeda's as well, as with any intake with a pipe OD of more than 1.5" you have to expand the front damn holes. So that's why they're all relatively the same about of labor required.

Yes, I believe the Takeda use a Dry filter.

The Oiled filters only need to be cleaned (depending on climate/use) every 20k, or more. When I was in AZ due to all the dust, I had my K&N drop ins cleaned every oil change, it was just easier to do since the hood was open anyways. Now that I'm not in AZ anymore, I haven't cleaned them since... Which I really need to do. But it's not worth the cost of the re-oiling kit. When I get the intakes I want, I'll be getting dry filters for them regardless of if they come with K&N's or not.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote