View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 05:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

The AEM's make me cautious because why do we need to "trick" the ECU? Isn't that the point of getting a tune is adjusting the ECU to your mods... Oh well. Not to mention they use the same filter placement as the Injens in the spaces in front of the wheels which get no Direct airflow unless you make modifications. So you're sticking them in a closet without access to free air... Kinda shooting yourself in the foot imho.

As for the Stillen Gen III's, they do make good power, slightly more difficult to install due to needing to expand the air duct in the front dam. But it's not any different than having to swap washer fluid reservoirs for the Injen/AEM so it's 6 to one, half a dozen to another.

The biggest problem with the stillens is Cost. $500 for the set, then if you wanna get them powder coated that only adds to it...

But don't forget there are other options out there. Akuma, Takeda, and a few other vendors are bringing their intakes online here soon. So if you're still debating, it might help you to take a gander over in their directions.

With the Takeda it's the same piping as a Stillen, so Plus. But it's only a Single filter both TB's draw from, to me personally thats a push at best, if not a minus. But to each unto their own...

With the Akuma's, they are a single pipe design, with similar filter placement as the Stillens. Both use a K&N oiled filter so thats up to the user if they want that or a Dry filter. I'll most likely be going dry filter when I get my intakes.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote