View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 07:21 AM   #29 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddriver View Post
Ok guys, here is what we know so far. Differential oil boiled/burned and emits an intense stench. We replaced it with Royal Purple diff oils.

I'll know tomorrow if the car is better. I'll prolly Dyno it so it can go 140 mph in a safe environment... see if the diffs boil again (at the same time, get a baseline dynapack reading). better to test it in a shop than in a highway in the middle of nowhere.
Thanks for the update! A couple of FYIs. It is normal for diff oil to stink after it's been used; the bad smell doesn't necessarily indicate that something has gone wrong with the fluid. It's still good that you changed though. I changed both my diff and trans fluid over to Redline at around 2500 miles. (I wasn't having any issues though.) Also, just in case you aren't already aware, DynaPacks are notorious for reading too high. That's just something to be aware of if you're planning to compare your baseline to readings from other makes of dynos. Nice looking Nismo, btw!
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote