View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #115 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny McLain View Post
There is a lot of conjecture that can be made here. If you look closely at the dyno sheet there are slight changes around 4500 rpm, 7100 rpm and 7700 rpm. When I saw those, the first thing I did was check the fuel/air and then ask Calvin if the car was pulling out timing at those points. He said the timing was good and his feeling was the car was changing cam timing at those points and a lot more could be had when the VVEL software is perfected. You would see a puff of smoke every time it hit the 7100-7200 mark, so something was going on.

Also..... while I'm making blind guesses, might as well make a few more. Notice the slight improvements in the 2000 to 4500 range where Calvin thought the first VVEL table was. It did for sure improve slightly in that range. Is it tuning software, or does the car learn one VVEL table at a time? Will it pick up on top later?

The rev limit was set from 7500 to 8000 rpm and as you can see, it takes a sharp drop just past 7500 rpm. Is that because it needs to learn from never being there? Or, did the engineers pull back on cam timing to keep people from over revving the engine??

Is the tac accurate? I now see it hit 8200 and doesn't hit the limiter. Or, is the new rev limit not accurate?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Puff of smoke = knock sensor = degraded timing?
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote