View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interest in a DIY Muffler Delete Pipes?

Well the track season is over and I have been crawling up the walls looking for something to do. This got me thinking about the one thing that really bugs me about the 370Z (with stock exhaust) at the track. The exhaust sound is so disappointing.

A quick review of Ebay motors shows cat back exhausts running from around $500 to as much as you wish to pay…But one company sells “short tails” for $300 which are just muffler delete pipes. Maybe I can do better…

My latest project is constructing a set of muffler delete pipes out of materials readily available at your local auto parts store (think crude bends and plenty of flexi pipe). I am about 50% complete and I can tell you that it can be done and for a price of around a little less than $100. The construction is very sturdy. And the sound…

Keep in mind that your local exhaust shop may be able to do a much nicer system for around the same money (I know that one member had a set done for $170). But where is the fun in that!

What do you think? Anyone interested?