View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
OEM FI cars don't (generally) have wear issues because they're.. OEM.. FI cars. (This is in reference to your comparisons to your 911 Turbo, and even if you bought a Carrera/S/4S and turboed it, the development for FI is already done by Porsche and huge engineering firms the world over, so it's still not apples to apples)

On the Z, there's not even a FI version available at all, so everything from the mechanicals to the tuning solution (while great) is engineered by entities that aren't multi-billion dollar automakers.

With a 'Stage 1 S/C' you could probably get away with a lot. It's not that much more power.

If that extra power, however, makes you drive it like you stole it... Well, if you drove like that completely stock, you'd have issues eventually, too.

Edit: Full disclosure, I've never personally owned an aftermarket-FI'd car. I've had several OEM turbo cars, including my current daily driver (MS3) and have been around people with aftermarket FI my entire adult life, so I've observed a lot, even if it hasn't been happening to me personally.
THIS

aftermarket anything tends to wear out your engine more so then OEM(besides things like CBE or intakes), but if you maintain the car as recommended by aftermarket company and OEM, the modified car should be just as reliable as a stock car
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote