View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #38 (permalink)
Coon-azz
Track Member

Drives: '12 370z Sport DD
Coon-azz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Z1 View Post
I have the OPPOSITE experience when towing a large trailer. Every idiot with a steering wheel...including Z owners (no one is safe from this rant).... thinks that they must do everything they can from being stuck behind me. I try to keep a safe distance in the event I need to stop this freight train in a hurry. I have proven it to every person who rides shotgun with me. The bigger the vehicle, the LESS room people give you and more likely that they will cut you off.

Keep that in mind when you say "trucks like riding my bumper"...it might just be that you slide right in front of them and did not give THEM enough room.
Where I'm at they will ride side by side in the middle and right lanes for 20-30miles backing up traffic just as far because they now limit only one lane to pass. Usually at this point people are throwing stuff at the trucks. The worst part it once you pass the two dumb-asses driving side-by-side, there isn't a car for miles; again in Virginia. Hard to be sympathetic at that point. Especially when I've missed time with my family or business meetings because of this. Time is $ and at that point any value they brought to the products they delivered would be better spent on getting rid of truckers all together. I'd rather buy local or pay more than have to share the road with them in Virginia. Yeah it's that bad.