View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #37 (permalink)
Coon-azz
Track Member

Drives: '12 370z Sport DD
Coon-azz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4r3s View Post
Trucks tend to be carrying a lot of junk that can fly off and damage your car. Trucks are also notorious for picking up road debris and hurling it at the cars behind. So yes, most sane people do try to do what ever they can to not be behind a truck...

I used to give trucks what I thought was a lot of room, probably 3-4 car lengths. Then I moved and had to drive a uhaul truck. Yeah, 6-8 car lengths is probably a lot better. I was surprised at how rude a lot people were too when I was driving the truck, and not giving you much room to maneuver. People need to better understand the m in KE=(1/2)mv^2 a little better.
I agree. It should be a requirement like serving food or something. One of those jobs that everyone should have to do once. Then again, I've had my car damaged enough times by trucks that spit stuff that isn't tied down to be less excepting anymore. I think 95 in Virginia is the worst I've seen in the the US.