View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

I traded in a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with the factory Eaton M-50 on my 370Z. It was reasonably reliable but not a huge performance enhancer. The two are probably related.
From what I have seen of most DIY FI, the main problems are user related - either poor selection of components or poor installation.
Just about any mod that takes the car very far from what the factory intended is going to be high maintenance and/or low reliability.
If you are making mods like FI you are more than likely going to drive a lot harder than the car was designed for which brings more maintenance and less reliability.

What it boils down to is, if you're gonna push the envelope, you're gonna break things. Accept it and be prepared.
If you want reliable, low maintenance FI get it from the factory or have someone that knows what they are doing design and install.