View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
MyKindaGuise
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11' 370z Sprt M6
MyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant future

FI cars are really worth it if you do it yourself and can maintain it yourself. Like MMC said Shops can tkae a long time and that can get annoying. Do you really want to have to rely on someone else if anything ever goes wrong? For some people that is necessary and I can apprecaite that it just makes it difficult because you want your car all of the time. But if you have to rely on a shop for everything a kit is certainly the easiest but way more expensive way to go.

A Daily driver, spare cash, and time to do your own projects will make the car very satisfying. If you can do all of that I would not do the kit route as recommended above. Most of the FI community has some generic kit and thats what slows progress on a platform. Thats why im thinking out of the box with my build. Hell im not even stopping with 1 custom build im doing 2 for the car one single turbo and one twin. But pioneering isnt for everyone.

With anything aftermarket expect some issues though. Nothing is perfect. Manufacturers spend years and millions on R&D when they release a new vehicle to make it reliable.

Last edited by MyKindaGuise; 01-03-2013 at 08:10 AM.
MyKindaGuise is offline   Reply With Quote