View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #84 (permalink)
VDC_OFF
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z M6
VDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit_Kaine View Post
I don't want to ruin my 40th seats and take the weight sensor out.. Also the recaros im getting don't have removable cushion like the brides so i can't put the weight sensor in anyway.

Is there still no update on how to defeat this?

If I do the resistors on both sides and just leave the weight sensor out will the passenger airbag be armed or disarmed? And will the light on the cluster be on all the time while im driving or will it turn off after the car has been turned on?
I dont think you will ruin the seats, you will just be replacing the metal clips with zip ties which are strong enough since you will use a bunch. If you are anal about the clips, buy a tool to put some new ones back on.

For your recaros, I actually think they will work better than the brides. Reason is the removable cushions in the Brides are two pieces that split in the middle which cause you to put the sensor underneath them. This is the reason why they keep turning the airbag off, it doesn't get enough weight to leave the airbag on since they are underneath the cushion and it thinks everyone is a kid. I would take apart the bottom part of the recaros and do the same thing as your stock seats, which is place the sensor in between the cloth and the cushion. This should give you no problems.
VDC_OFF is offline   Reply With Quote