View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #33 (permalink)
Roadkill
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Roadster
Roadkill is on a distinguished road

Happens to me all the time. I have a 70 mile round trip commute daily and been rear ended 3 times in the past 3 years. Not in this Z...yet. I've adopted the philosophy that brake checking them just pisses them off and puts the car at risk. So now I just slow down. The closer they ride, the slower I go. Sometimes, below 50. I know I'm fast and couldn't care less if they know it. My logic is that I have super good brakes, but they don't. If they don't have enough sense to leave a reasonable stopping distance between us, I have enough sense to leave enough for both of us. Then when we've gone slow enough for long enough, they snap and come on around. I often greet their angry stares and hand gestures by holding my phone up to my ear like I'm talking on it and waving while grinning like an idiot. Another SOB on his cell phone! Like I'm just too damn stupid to talk and drive at the same time. It's a riot pissing them off and keeps the car out of danger at the same time. That's just wrong. huh?
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote