View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Shamrock
Base Member

Drives: 370z 2011 AT White
Shamrock is on a distinguished road
Default Trying to clear up the "fan duty cycle" numbers

Ambient temps here are about 50-60 degrees for four months and 90 to 105 for the rest of the year. I don't track the car but do enjoy driving hard whenever I get the chance. I have the k&n intake, stillen headers plus cats, and full akropovitch system. I just installed the stillen gold series oil cooler kit. Ambient temps here are now 60 and it takes about 10 to 15 minutes for the car to reach 170 degrees. The needle then gradually climbs to about 205 degrees if I drive it hard but no higher. I have yet to fine tune with uprev and I am interested what to do about the fan duty cycle upgrade. The coolant temp has never gone above two dots below the middle. From what I have read the ecu starts backing off on timing when oil temp is above 230 and/or coolant is above 190; thanks to SouthArk370Z's post on intake temps. According to the following upgrade of the fan duty picture by uprev themselves the fan only kicks in at 55% from 192 degrees as opposed to the stock version at 214. Some questions

1. If I change the fan duty cycle how will it affect the car during the cold season, because I am sure it will help during summer.
2. To what extent does the fan affect the cooling of the oil?
3. Should the fan be adjusted to max before it reaches 190 (this is in conflict to the following diagram?)
4. How does the a/c come into play here? It also causes the fan to turn on.
5. Can anyone post examples of their "new settings?"
6. Should I adjust the fan settings at all if I don't track the car but may sit in traffic on very hot days?

Thanks for your patience!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357138786.596358.jpg
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote