View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #31 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkraft12 View Post
I agree about the use of a super capacitor for KERS in a road car. I think that because of the danger of fires during the use of them it is unlikely they will be used, it will most likely be mechanical in the future. But regardless did you really need to flash your degree. Lol. Also when did I argue against you thoughts about the use of super capacitors. I just wanted the OP to know that you aren't magically creating the energy it is being recovered from somewhere else. That is all I have said yet people a flipping out. I am not trying to argue I'm just trying to help out the op. As I said before he should be careful about listening to the people on this thread. Including me. All I know about KERS is what I have read. I am not an expert on it. I am just trying to add what I have read so that the wrong idea is not given. So please. Lighten up.

Regenerative is a perfectly fine word to use to describe the system. You came in with an attitude, and I just pointed out it wasn't really a point worth arguing.

As far as your comment about fire risk from supercaps in a road car...they're certainly safer than the batteries hybrids run now, and Tesla doesn't seem to have any issues with them in their road cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkraft12 View Post

And lastly my most important part about the definition. Is it says to restore a substance to its original state. Is energy a substance. Didn't think so.
Again, dictionary.com is not where I would go for definitions, and it is parenthesized for a reason.

Energy does have some substance like properties, though. It is actually a curious task to try to nail down the definition of just what energy is.

Last edited by Red__Zed; 01-01-2013 at 02:48 PM.