View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
kmkraft12
Base Member

Drives: Nissan
kmkraft12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
sure it is. The capstone work I did that inspired my thesis was about the efficacy of supercapacitor arrays for regenerative braking.

I hope they don't take my degree away as a result of this thread.
I agree about the use of a super capacitor for KERS in a road car. I think that because of the danger of fires during the use of them it is unlikely they will be used, it will most likely be mechanical in the future. But regardless did you really need to flash your degree. Lol. Also when did I argue against you thoughts about the use of super capacitors. I just wanted the OP to know that you aren't magically creating the energy it is being recovered from somewhere else. That is all I have said yet people a flipping out. I am not trying to argue I'm just trying to help out the op. As I said before he should be careful about listening to the people on this thread. Including me. All I know about KERS is what I have read. I am not an expert on it. I am just trying to add what I have read so that the wrong idea is not given. So please. Lighten up.

And lastly my most important part about the definition. Is it says to restore a substance to its original state. Is energy a substance. Didn't think so.

Last edited by kmkraft12; 01-01-2013 at 02:40 PM.