View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkraft12 View Post
Exactly and regeneration is (from dictionary.com) "to re-create , reconstitute, or make over, especially in a better form or condition." When KERS is used the energy is recovered during braking and used to produce more power. It does not regenerated energy. It never re-creates the energy. It takes one form and changes it, and puts it to use somewhere else. If you could regenerate energy then you breaking Einstein's law of conservation of energy. That is why it is a huge problem (when describing something as complex as KERS) if that specific word is used instead of recover.
BTW since you attempted to go all, I'm smart I know Hyperbole. Hyperbole is always inaccurate. It is a speech tool used to show a strong feel towards something it is not meant to be taken literally. Saying inaccurate hyperbole is like using a double negative. It makes you sound like a moron. I wasn't trying to create an argument here. I was trying to alert the OP that he should take everything he hears from the people posting with a grain of salt.
also, mixing Dictionary.com definitions with terminology specific to a field makes no sense.