View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute
Default "SPC camber arm fix"

Allot of people have complained about the slippage on the SPC front camber arms(mostly on the track)I have too,so this time around I went with Kinetix arms but after bolting them up there was allot of play in them so I went back to SPC but decided to do something about the possible slipping problem.

My fix addresses 2 problems

1.When loosening the ball joint nut to adjust camber the wheel would slide all the way in,by having an adjustable bolt to push the ball joint out and hold it while I tighten the SPC upper nut.

2.After the ball joint nut is tightened (to 150ft lb instead of 120ft lb)my bolt will be snug up against the back of the ball joint then locked with a aircraft jam nut ,I think it is enough to hold the slippage at bay.
But if it slips to the outside I don't have a fix for that.

Here are some photo's to give you a brief snap shot of what I have done,

And for those of you more intrigued here is a link with the rest of the photo's

Nissan 370Z Forum - Baer383's Album: SPC camber arm fix

754 rwhp 747 rwtq

Last edited by Baer383; 01-01-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote