View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
GrandZ45
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370z Base AT
GrandZ45 is on a distinguished road
Default Tailgating trucks

I don't think it is just paranoia. I noticed this when I rode motorcycles also. Had one truck driver tailgate me and then waive a pistol at me for no reason that I could discern that he thought a two wheeler shouldn't be in his way. Another just plane seemingly tried to kill me getting 2 feet from my taillight. Been hit in the rear three times over 20 years--each time by a pickup.

I began studying them in other lanes behind other vehicles to see if I was paranoid or just had bad luck. It indeed seems that some people react to the size advantage by (I hope usually unconsciously) crowding the smaller vehicles around them. A bit of unconscious bullying or just selfish awareness that it isn't likely to be them the one who gets hurt. I drive a truck too and try to be careful to not do this. My reaction is to back off more knowing I have more momentum to stop. I think most more mature truck divers do this.

On the interstate yesterday an F250 was tailgating me and after he passed me (at 85 in a congested urban 60 zone, he got 2 feet from a Corolla). I have only had my Zee a month but one thing I like is that it easier to get out of the way of meth cranked fools.
GrandZ45 is offline   Reply With Quote